• -
    • Cinema

Visualizzazione risultati da 1 a 8 di 8

Discussione: Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon

Cambio titolo
    Sephiroth1984
    Ospite

Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon

Ho il piacere di annunciarvi che finalmente è arrivato il primo Teaser Trailer di questo Indie RPG turn-based, che parodizza molti aspetti tipici degli RPG:

Spoiler:
    Sito Ufficiale:

http://rampantgames.com/frayedknights/

Vecchissimo video sul level up:

Spoiler:
    Video ancora più vecchio su un pezzo di gameplay:

Spoiler:
    Alcune immagini:

Spoiler:

FAQ:

Spoiler:
    Availability

Q: What was the "pilot episode?"

A: The pilot episode was an experiment with the engine and style of RPG. It was a chance to solicit feedback from players on what they liked, didn't like, and wanted to see. It's pretty outdated at this point, but those who played the pilot will recognize the first dungeon in The Skull of S'makh-Daon.

Q: When will Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon coming out?

A: Later this year. I'd love to be more specific, but I also know how horribly I guess these things wrong.

Q: What are the hardware requirements?

A: I've played it successfully on a 1.6 gHz laptop with 1 gig of RAM and a 256-MB ATI video card. I'd consider that a minimum-spec machine. You will also need at least 300 megabytes of hard drive space (above & beyond the size of the installer). Those are pretty low specs - if you have a 3D game-capable machine made within the last 5 years, you should be in good shape.

Q: How much will it cost?

A: TBD. But pretty much in line with other indie RPGs.

Q: What about the other two follow-on games? What are they called and when will they available?

A: They will have "Frayed Knights" in the title. They'll take a lot less time to build than the first game, because we're not building the game "from scratch" next time (well, from the bare-bones provided by the engine). Some work has already begun on both games. But if I give an exact date right now, I am guaranteed to be lying.

Q: When will it be available on Steam?

A: Possibly never. It's really up to Steam, not me, but it will be available on RampantGames.com first before it is available anywhere else, in any case.

Q: Will it be available for Mac / Linux?

A: Not immediately. I don't have a Mac or Linux machine (or any recent experience) to do the port myself right now. But the code base upon which the game is built is multiplatform, so I'm hoping I can make it work one way or another.

Q: Will it be available for iPhone / iPad / Android?

A: I wouldn't count on it. But if it does well, a port is possible.

Q: How about the XBox 360? Other game consoles or handhelds?

A: Ditto.

Characters

Q: Can I make my own characters?

A: No, the game is focused on these particular characters. But you can customize them like crazy as they gain levels.

Q: Is it level-based or skill-based?

A: Yes. You get character points to put in skills (feats) and attributes based on your level. There are a few benefits gained from simply gaining a level, but the key is how you buy your feats.

Q: How many skill points do you get per level, and how much do skills cost?

A: You get 1 point at even-numbered levels, and 2 points at odd-numbered levels. Most feats and attribute improvements cost only one point, but a few cost two --- and raising an attribute over 10 costs double.

Q: Are there any other ways to gain feats or improve attributes?

A: Yes, certain artifacts can increase attributes. Within limits, and only once per artifact.

Q: How many attributes are there?

A: Five - Might, Brains, Reflexes, Luck, and Charm.

Q: How many feats?

A: Over 80. Depending upon how you count them (whether or not you count attribute enhancements), almost 90.

Q: How many spells?

A: Great googley-moogley. Base spells, just under 120 (last count). Plus many of them can be altered with certain feats, bringing the total to something like 600 spells and variations.

Q: Can spellcasters wear armor?

A: We're not THAT old-school. Yes, they can. But it does make it harder to hit enemies with spells if they do.

Q: Is there a level cap?

A: Yes. Characters cannot exceed 13th level. But most players won't run into the cap before finishing the game.

Gameplay

Q: Turn-based or action?

A: Turn-based! The only real action-y exception is patrols that walk around in real-time. But they don't require quick reflexes to dodge. Just good judgement.

Q: Can I change positioning or formation in combat?

A: If you are talking exact tactical positioning, no. But you can change the positioning of characters within the party. Your position in the party (whether you are on the front or back rank), and the position of the enemies in their party are *CRITICAL*. Weapons have ranges, so attacking an enemy two ranks back with a spear is easier than hitting one directly in front of you, but attacking an enemy two ranks back with a dagger might not be possible.

Q: So what kind of combat options are available?

A: There's attacking with your equipped weapon(s), and defending (where a character sacrifices an action to make themselves harder to hit). There's casting a spell. Using an active combat feat (like "Impale" with a thrusting weapon, etc.). Using an inventory item (like a wand, scroll, potion, etc.). Resting - to recover endurance. And you have the option to flee many combats, though it's not guaranteed on any particular attempt.

Q: So how big is the game?

A: There are six outdoor areas you can explore. One village. And sixteen dungeons - "interior" adventuring areas with monsters & loot & stuff. Some are pretty huge and will take a couple of hours to complete, and some are relatively small. All are deadly. But many are optional.

Q: How many hours will the game take to play?

A: First-time through, hitting every dungeon: Probably 20 - 30 hours. But I can't wait to hear about some speed-runs.

Q: How is death handled?

A: More gently than some "old-school" games. Party members aren't killed, merely incapacitated. When incapacitated, they can't recover without magic, drama stars, or a good night's sleep. If the entire party is incapacitated, it's Game Over.

Q: What are Drama Stars?

A: Drama Stars are an alternative to save-scumming. As you do cool (and often risky) stuff ('drama'), you gain drama points. You can spend them during the course of the game to change the game in some way - give a character a huge bonus to accomplish a task (like disarm a deadly trap, or to make sure a spell lands on a bad guy), recover health & endurance, or even restore the all incapacitated party members to activity again. Basically it lets you get the same results you would have gotten by restoring a saved game & replaying until you get it "right," but without the tedium. But if you do restore a saved game, you have to start over again with drama stars. However, you don't lose them if you exit the game and "Continue" from where you last left off, so there's no penalty for short play-sessions.

Q: Are there puzzles in the game?

A: Yes. But most are reasonably easy adventure-game style challenges.

Content

Q: What is the game rated?

A: There are no plans to submit Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon for industry ratings throughout the world. Frankly, we can't afford it, and until we have plans to sell it in stores, there's really no need.

That being said, I would suggest that the game is not appropriate for younger children. While there's nothing I'd consider remotely raunchy in it, there is some adult humor and situations best suited for teenaged and older audiences. But in my opinion, it's not even near what you'd expect from a modern prime-time sitcom.

Sequels

Q: Will we be able to import our customized characters into the follow-up games?

A: Yes, that is definitely the plan. There may be some changes, but you will have solid continuity. No dropping back down to level 1 or anything. You will also be able to start from scratch (but at a higher level) if you have not played the first game. Why you'd want to deprive yourself of the experience of playing the first game is beyond me, but it's possible.

Q: Will the sequels have the same spells and feats as the original, or will those be changing?

A: The underlying game system - and feats / spells - will be the same. There will definitely be expanded lists of both, and I won't rule out some balance changes between the two as we take advantage of hindsight, but continuity will be high.
    Altri dettagli:

Annuncio della fase BETA

Frayed Knights: Initiative and Haste

Frayed Knights – Manual: Background

Frayed Knights – The Manual: Magic and Spells, Part One

Frayed Knights – The Manual: Magic and Spells, Part Two

Frayed Knights – The Manual: Magic and Spells, Part Three

Frayed Knights Manual: Feats, Part 1

Frayed Knights Manual: Feats, Part 2

Frayed Knights Update: Taking Turns

Frayed Knights Update: A Whole Lotta Maps

Frayed Knights Update: How Buggy Can You Get?

Diverse interviste al creatore:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article...9&ref=0&id=323

http://indierpgs.com/2011/09/intervi...h-jay-barnson/

La data d'uscita non è stata ancora annunciata, ma si prospetta molto vicina...
    Vi terrò informati...

The Lone Wanderer L'avatar di Miccighel
    Registrato il
    09-08
    Citazione Sephiroth1984 Visualizza Messaggio

Ho il piacere di annunciarvi che finalmente è arrivato il primo Teaser Trailer di questo Indie RPG turn-based, che parodizza molti aspetti tipici degli RPG:

Spoiler:
    Sito Ufficiale:

Vecchissimo video sul level up:

Spoiler:
    Video ancora più vecchio su un pezzo di gameplay:

Spoiler:
    Alcune immagini:

Spoiler:

FAQ:

Spoiler:
    Availability

Q: What was the "pilot episode?"

A: The pilot episode was an experiment with the engine and style of RPG. It was a chance to solicit feedback from players on what they liked, didn't like, and wanted to see. It's pretty outdated at this point, but those who played the pilot will recognize the first dungeon in The Skull of S'makh-Daon.

Q: When will Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon coming out?

A: Later this year. I'd love to be more specific, but I also know how horribly I guess these things wrong.

Q: What are the hardware requirements?

A: I've played it successfully on a 1.6 gHz laptop with 1 gig of RAM and a 256-MB ATI video card. I'd consider that a minimum-spec machine. You will also need at least 300 megabytes of hard drive space (above & beyond the size of the installer). Those are pretty low specs - if you have a 3D game-capable machine made within the last 5 years, you should be in good shape.

Q: How much will it cost?

A: TBD. But pretty much in line with other indie RPGs.

Q: What about the other two follow-on games? What are they called and when will they available?

A: They will have "Frayed Knights" in the title. They'll take a lot less time to build than the first game, because we're not building the game "from scratch" next time (well, from the bare-bones provided by the engine). Some work has already begun on both games. But if I give an exact date right now, I am guaranteed to be lying.

Q: When will it be available on Steam?

A: Possibly never. It's really up to Steam, not me, but it will be available on RampantGames.com first before it is available anywhere else, in any case.

Q: Will it be available for Mac / Linux?

A: Not immediately. I don't have a Mac or Linux machine (or any recent experience) to do the port myself right now. But the code base upon which the game is built is multiplatform, so I'm hoping I can make it work one way or another.

Q: Will it be available for iPhone / iPad / Android?

A: I wouldn't count on it. But if it does well, a port is possible.

Q: How about the XBox 360? Other game consoles or handhelds?

A: Ditto.

Characters

Q: Can I make my own characters?

A: No, the game is focused on these particular characters. But you can customize them like crazy as they gain levels.

Q: Is it level-based or skill-based?

A: Yes. You get character points to put in skills (feats) and attributes based on your level. There are a few benefits gained from simply gaining a level, but the key is how you buy your feats.

Q: How many skill points do you get per level, and how much do skills cost?

A: You get 1 point at even-numbered levels, and 2 points at odd-numbered levels. Most feats and attribute improvements cost only one point, but a few cost two --- and raising an attribute over 10 costs double.

Q: Are there any other ways to gain feats or improve attributes?

A: Yes, certain artifacts can increase attributes. Within limits, and only once per artifact.

Q: How many attributes are there?

A: Five - Might, Brains, Reflexes, Luck, and Charm.

Q: How many feats?

A: Over 80. Depending upon how you count them (whether or not you count attribute enhancements), almost 90.

Q: How many spells?

A: Great googley-moogley. Base spells, just under 120 (last count). Plus many of them can be altered with certain feats, bringing the total to something like 600 spells and variations.

Q: Can spellcasters wear armor?

A: We're not THAT old-school. Yes, they can. But it does make it harder to hit enemies with spells if they do.

Q: Is there a level cap?

A: Yes. Characters cannot exceed 13th level. But most players won't run into the cap before finishing the game.

Gameplay

Q: Turn-based or action?

A: Turn-based! The only real action-y exception is patrols that walk around in real-time. But they don't require quick reflexes to dodge. Just good judgement.

Q: Can I change positioning or formation in combat?

A: If you are talking exact tactical positioning, no. But you can change the positioning of characters within the party. Your position in the party (whether you are on the front or back rank), and the position of the enemies in their party are *CRITICAL*. Weapons have ranges, so attacking an enemy two ranks back with a spear is easier than hitting one directly in front of you, but attacking an enemy two ranks back with a dagger might not be possible.

Q: So what kind of combat options are available?

A: There's attacking with your equipped weapon(s), and defending (where a character sacrifices an action to make themselves harder to hit). There's casting a spell. Using an active combat feat (like "Impale" with a thrusting weapon, etc.). Using an inventory item (like a wand, scroll, potion, etc.). Resting - to recover endurance. And you have the option to flee many combats, though it's not guaranteed on any particular attempt.

Q: So how big is the game?

A: There are six outdoor areas you can explore. One village. And sixteen dungeons - "interior" adventuring areas with monsters & loot & stuff. Some are pretty huge and will take a couple of hours to complete, and some are relatively small. All are deadly. But many are optional.

Q: How many hours will the game take to play?

A: First-time through, hitting every dungeon: Probably 20 - 30 hours. But I can't wait to hear about some speed-runs.

Q: How is death handled?

A: More gently than some "old-school" games. Party members aren't killed, merely incapacitated. When incapacitated, they can't recover without magic, drama stars, or a good night's sleep. If the entire party is incapacitated, it's Game Over.

Q: What are Drama Stars?

A: Drama Stars are an alternative to save-scumming. As you do cool (and often risky) stuff ('drama'), you gain drama points. You can spend them during the course of the game to change the game in some way - give a character a huge bonus to accomplish a task (like disarm a deadly trap, or to make sure a spell lands on a bad guy), recover health & endurance, or even restore the all incapacitated party members to activity again. Basically it lets you get the same results you would have gotten by restoring a saved game & replaying until you get it "right," but without the tedium. But if you do restore a saved game, you have to start over again with drama stars. However, you don't lose them if you exit the game and "Continue" from where you last left off, so there's no penalty for short play-sessions.

Q: Are there puzzles in the game?

A: Yes. But most are reasonably easy adventure-game style challenges.

Content

Q: What is the game rated?

A: There are no plans to submit Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon for industry ratings throughout the world. Frankly, we can't afford it, and until we have plans to sell it in stores, there's really no need.

That being said, I would suggest that the game is not appropriate for younger children. While there's nothing I'd consider remotely raunchy in it, there is some adult humor and situations best suited for teenaged and older audiences. But in my opinion, it's not even near what you'd expect from a modern prime-time sitcom.

Sequels

Q: Will we be able to import our customized characters into the follow-up games?

A: Yes, that is definitely the plan. There may be some changes, but you will have solid continuity. No dropping back down to level 1 or anything. You will also be able to start from scratch (but at a higher level) if you have not played the first game. Why you'd want to deprive yourself of the experience of playing the first game is beyond me, but it's possible.

Q: Will the sequels have the same spells and feats as the original, or will those be changing?

A: The underlying game system - and feats / spells - will be the same. There will definitely be expanded lists of both, and I won't rule out some balance changes between the two as we take advantage of hindsight, but continuity will be high.
    Altri dettagli:

Annuncio della fase BETA

Frayed Knights: Initiative and Haste

Frayed Knights – Manual: Background

Frayed Knights – The Manual: Magic and Spells, Part One

Frayed Knights – The Manual: Magic and Spells, Part Two

Frayed Knights – The Manual: Magic and Spells, Part Three

Frayed Knights Manual: Feats, Part 1

Frayed Knights Manual: Feats, Part 2

Frayed Knights Update: Taking Turns

Frayed Knights Update: A Whole Lotta Maps

Frayed Knights Update: How Buggy Can You Get?

Diverse interviste al creatore:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article...9&ref=0&id=323

http://indierpgs.com/2011/09/intervi...h-jay-barnson/

La data d'uscita non è stata ancora annunciata, ma si prospetta molto vicina...
    Vi terrò informati...
    Non so, mi sembra... grezzo. Non so se mi spiego

Perché? L'avatar di OwNathan
    Registrato il
    03-11
    Questa roba rischia sempre di far schifo. Grotesque, ad esempio, nonostante il buon umorismo è tremendamente noioso. Vedremo
    "When we die, Dak'kon, it shall be the same death. It shall be the Pronouncement of Two Deaths As One."

Sephiroth1984
    Ospite
    Anteprima del Codex:

http://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=241

Interessante la parte su come non sarà totalmente lineare...

Sephiroth1984
    Ospite
    E' stato appena rilasciato:

22,95 verdoni...

Qui c'è la demo: http://rampantgames.com/frayedknight..._TSOD_Demo.exe

Features:

• 30+ hours of gameplay.
    • Challenging, turn-based combat in a game that plays at your pace.
    • A unique "Drama Star" system that rewards the player for playing through tough situations instead of reloading and replaying.
    • A spell named, "Power Word: Defenestrate."
    • Over a hundred base spells, most with several upgraded variants.
    • An innovative trap-disarming / lockpicking system using character skills and items to disable a device one component at a time.
    • Over 80 feats to customize your party as they progress through the game.
    • A detailed, "stats-heavy" rules system... which you are free to ignore if you choose.
    • Nearly 200 different items to be used and abused by your characters.
    • A "Quarterstaff of Nad-Whacking."
    • Sixteen "dungeons" (interior adventuring areas), five outdoor areas, one village, an alternate dimension, and some green dude's one-room hovel.
    • A THICK (virtually) 69-page PDF manual. For those who want more than just the tutorials...

Recensione si RPGWatch:

Prima Parte
    Seconda Parte

Gli Indie Developer di RPG si stanno dando da fare ultimamente...
    Manca solo Age of Decadence ormai...

alaris
    Ospite
    Gli Indie Developer di RPG si stanno dando da fare ultimamente...
    Manca solo Age of Decadence ormai...[/QUOTE]

voglio le traduzioni in ita..............cazzo! Dei giochi indie eh!

utonto L'avatar di no1
    Registrato il
    04-08
    sembra delizioso
    inviato da banale pc fisso con normale tastiera

Formica Elettrica L'avatar di Harlequin_
    Registrato il
    06-12
    Ci ho giocato una dozzina d'ore, devo dire che alcune idee non sono per niente male. Come si può intuire, il fulcro del gioco sono i combattimenti: a turni, richiedono un certo impegno, puniscono brutalmente chi clicca di continuo su "attacca".
    La parte più interessante per me è stata la gestione della stamina: governa ogni azione in combattimento dei pg, dall'attacco normale alle magie. Se si esaurisce, il pg è esausto e dovrà passare un turno di riposo per recuperarne una piccola quantità. La cosa particolare è che ogni volta che consumiamo punti anche il cap massimo si abbassa, impedendoci di recuperare completamente le energie attraverso turni di riposo/pozioni/soste a fine combattimento. Per ripristinare il valore originale dovremo abbandonare il dungeon e tornare nella locanda cittadina e riposare in un letto comodo.
    Questo semplice meccanismo è tarato con cura e funziona davvero bene, portando il giocatore a ragionare su ogni mossa in battaglia ed a limitare il più possibile gli sprechi. Scordatevi i continui riposi nei dungeon di Baldur's Gate: se non fate attenzione vi ritroverete coi pg esausti e dovrete tornare in città (facendo respawnare i nemici).
    Un'altra nota di merito va alle "Drama Stars", date come ricompensa per la risoluzione di vari obiettivi (sbloccare l'area segreta di un dungeon, sconfiggere un nemico, completare uno step della quest). Spendendole possiamo evocare dei miracoli molto utili, che permettono di resuscitare pg morti, potenziare momentaneamente il party, alzare il cap massimo di stamina... insomma, possono salvarvi il culo, e ripulire un dungeon senza sfruttarle alza non di poco la difficoltà. Il bello di tutto questo? Se si ricarica un save precedente, tutte le Drama Stars accumulate vengono perdute combinate con il sistema di consumo della stamina, rendono la sfida di ogni dungeon più intrigante, spingono a mantenere alta la concentrazione e valutare attentamente ogni mossa, impediscono l'abuso del save&reload.

Parlando del writing, la trama non è nulla di che, ma i vari siparietti tra i pg (preconfezionati, ma che potremo far evolvere abbastanza liberamente) mi hanno strappato più di un sorriso.
    Le quest si limitano a pretesti per esplorare i dungeon, alcune side offrono però apprezzabili livelli di demenzialità I livelli di gioco anche se carini non mi hanno colpito particolarmente.
    Purtroppo è visivamente osceno.

Insomma, se volete un dungeon crawler che cura principalmente i combattimenti, con un buon livello di sfida e che richiede una certa dose di tattica e ragionamento, dategli un'occhiata perchè merita.
    Se invece cercate varietà di interpretazione, esplorazione libera, combattimenti rilassanti, quest contorte e a multi-risoluzione, dialoghi a scelta... lasciate perdere.
    Membro della
    Citazione chepe Visualizza Messaggio
    ghenga di fanatici dagli occhi foderati di moquette che appestavano l'aere qui dentro
    aka Non Solo Fallout